According to In the Kitchen with Matt, the most popular desserts in America are:
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Apple pie
- Ice cream
- Carrot cake
He discusses his delicious treats at https://www.inthekitchenwithmatt.com/most-popular-desserts-in-america.
Food & Wine magazine, with perhaps more sophisticated taste, offers the best desserts that capture the flavor of fall. These may not be on someone’s list of the top ten, but they look divine:
- Apple and Pear Galette with Walnut Streusel
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Pecan Praline Topping
- Maple-Apple Upside-Down Cake
- Fiadone (Corsican Cheesecake) with Chestnut Honey and Figs
- Butterscotch Pudding Parfait with Gingersnap Crumble
- Apple Cake with Toffee Crust
- Black Mission Fig Clafoutis
- Maple-Bourbon Banana Pudding Cake
- Honeyed Fig Crostatas
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
You can see their confections and get the recipes (yummy) at https://www.foodandwine.com/desserts/best-fall-desserts.
My personal favorites are Boston cream pie and chocolate cannolis. But if anyone makes Food & Wine’s #10, please invite me over. We had that dish at Maison De La Mer in Akaroa, New Zealand, and I can still taste every scrumptious bite.
Photo credit: Boston creme pie: Photo 21009371 © Maxfeld | Dreamstime.com